Skip to main content

Professional Resources

Professional referral

For health, social care and other professionals to make direct referrals for Adult Social Care.

Last updated


If you have immediate concerns regarding a risk to someone’s health or safety, please call the emergency services directly on 999.

If you have safeguarding concerns about a vulnerable person or you wish to report abuse of a person who has care and support needs and is unable to protect themselves, telephone 0116 305 0004.

If this referral is for Leicester city residents, please contact Leicester City Council.


The person you are referring must be over 18.


Before you make an adult social care referral

Please consider the following before requesting adult social care services:

  • For minor adaptations or aids for the home, use the equipment and home adaptions assessment form
    If their main need is not being caused by a physical, mental or learning disability, and there is no immediate risk, please consider advising them to visit the Information and Support Directory to find appropriate support
  • For advice and information to help vulnerable adults stay healthy and live independently, visit First Contact Plus
  • For support for carers, use the carer's assessment form
  • Does the service user have personal savings over £23,250? If so they will be required to pay for their own care needs. This is likely to be delivered quicker if they pursue the requirement directly rather than through the council.
  • For care assessments, or if you think someone will benefit from equipment at home, use the online Care And Support Assessment

Before you begin a referral form

  • If the person already has an allocated social worker, please contact the social worker directly about your concerns.
  • Referrals made through this form will go through a due consideration process before action is taken. If we find the referral not appropriate for Adult Social Care, we may refer it back to you via the email provided.

Referral forms

Complete the relevant form depending on the nature of your referral.

In what capacity are you referring to Leicestershire County Council?

Top of page