Reach your potential. Be ambitious. Aim high.
What is Virtual School?
The Virtual School doesn’t exist as a real building but we are here to work with you, your school, carers and social workers to make sure you receive the best education possible and develop skills and knowledge for a successful future. We want to help solve any problems you’re having at school and support the adults in your life too, so that they can help you to do your best.
We organise lots of participation events, activities and trips. These are great fun but also help you to learn or improve some of your skills. They are a good way to try something new, get some certificates to add to your CV or make friends with other children in care.
Your school’s Head Teacher or Designated Teacher for Looked After Children will send us updates about how you’re doing at school, so that we can see how you’re getting on. This means we can offer extra support if and when you need it.
You may already have some ideas about what you want to do when you leave education. Whatever that is, we will help you to realise your goals and achieve it.
Our promise to you
We promise to:
- make sure you have a school place and access to education
- make sure you go to the best school for your needs
- always try to make sure you don't have to change school in Years 6 or 11, except in exceptional circumstances
- support you in learning to read and to enjoy reading
- make sure you have a PEP (Personal Education Plan) meeting three times a year
- make sure the Pupil Premium is used to help improve your learning
- make sure you are given the right sort of advice on careers or further education
- encourage and support your Post-16 learning
- support your carer and social worker to take an active role in your education
- encourage you to have hobbies and attend out of school activities
Events: Get Involved
There are events and activities you can get involved in.Find upcoming events and activities Find upcoming events and activities
My Personal Education Plan
We want to help you to do your best at school.Find out about Personal Education Plans Find out about Personal Education Plans
Designated Teacher (DT)
Each school has a designated teacher for looked after children.Find out about Designated Teachers Find out about Designated Teachers
Health for Teens
Health for Teens introduces a new and different way for young people aged 11-19 to learn about their health.Learn more about Health for Teens Learn more about Health for Teens
For further information, please get in touch with us:
Telephone: 0116 305 6097
Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 5pm, Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
We aim to respond to emails within 3 working days.