Supporting Independent Living Skills in Post 16 Young People
This training is ideal for: foster carers
Supporting young people with independent living skills is a key area of responsibility and understanding for all corporate parents. This is a core course for those supporting our older young people.
- To understand the role of foster carers in helping young people to learn the skills they will need to move into independence.
- To consider what type of activities we already use to support these skills and to share ideas.
- To find out about other resources which could be used.
- To understand how the use of a consistent accreditation system can support young people to engage in the process.
- To be familiar with the ASDAN award process.
- To learn how to meet the expectations required to complete the ASDAN award and to pass the moderation and certification process.
Date: Thursday 14 March 2024, 10am–1pm
Venue: Sports Pavilion, Glenfield
Contact us to book: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0116 305 6097.