Joining a Forever Family isn’t the end of the Virtual School family journey
Previously Looked After Children (LAC) are those who are no longer looked after by their local authority (in England and Wales) because they are the subject of an adoption, special guardianship or child arrangements order.
Virtual School exists to improve the education of children in care and previously LAC by supporting our family of schools, carers, social workers and parents to do their best to deliver the best possible outcomes for our children.
The Virtual School recognises the challenges that previously LAC continue to experience after leaving care, and our role has been extended to continue supporting these children.
What we do
- Respond to parental requests for advice and information – e.g. advice on school admissions in their area.
- Sign-post other services that can offer advice and support.
- Respond to requests for advice and information from schools in respect of individual children.
- Improve awareness of the vulnerability and needs of previously looked-after children by promoting good practice on identifying and meeting their needs.
- Deliver guidance on effective use of the PPP.
For further information, please get in touch with us:
Telephone: 0116 305 6097
Monday to Thursday - 8.30am to 5pm, Friday - 8.30am to 4.30pm
We aim to respond to emails within 3 working days.